Saint Joseph’s on Capitol Hill was built in 1891. Interior improvements to the Church included a new mechanical system that replaced a much outdated, dangerous and inefficient heating system; restoration of existing wood floors and pews; repairs to plaster vaults and apse walls; new paint with decorative gold stars on vaults; restoration of original oil paintings and new marble statues; and improved lighting and audio systems to highlight a few. Most recently, a new marble altar was designed and installed to compliment the historic high altar. The approach to this project has been to restore what is beautiful and give it new life, and add new items that are fitting in such a noble building and will endure the test of time as this Church has.
Commissioned by Monsignor Charles Antonicelli, Pastor.